Guidance for swapping away my fuel dryer myself
My (rather old) washer blew through to me a weeks that are few (Apparently this has been unbalanced for a time. Came with the spot and I also never ever thought an excessive amount of the vibration until it absolutely was far too late.) and am getting a brandname brand new set delivered back at my brand new set (Washer HERE, petrol Dryer HERE) from Sears on Thursday.
They desired about $80 plus parts to set up them (I forget I declined having just disconnected everything myself, I figured it would be easy enough to set up the new ones if it was each or for both) and. I’m maybe perhaps not particularly handy but I am at about replace-my-own-ceiling-fan, remove-and-reinstall-my-own-garbage-disposal level.
I am perhaps maybe not overly concerned with the washer, but I became reviewing the manual for the dryer online and it offers me a little stressed. It talks about having to purge the gasoline type click for more of air twice, utilizing teflon tape (I didn’t see any evidence of that from the old install), etc.
Thus I wanted to pose issue- is this a thing that someone inside my level are capable of myself or are there enough gotchas that i will cough the money up?
EDIT: we succeeded today thanks in big component towards the solution right here- many thanks.
I finished up buying ’yellow’ gas-approved teflon tape and an innovative new versatile fuel line (to be safe. It absolutely was $30 though!). And a dryer that is new hose (also pricey) since apparently I required a steel one together with existing one had been foil.
It had been about as simple as I hoped.
- I connected the (new) exhaust vent hose with the force coupling bands ( perhaps not certain appropriate term) that was included with it on both edges- wall surface and appliance. The manual demanded never to make use of foil vent, therefore I utilized a steel one. (regrettably, the essential versatile steel one we found pushes the dryer down too much through the wall surface for my requirements- i cannot shut the entranceway to my washing cabinet now. Topic of another post i suppose. I will decide to try a ”periscope” dryer vent.)
- We connected the gas that is new into the valve regarding the wall surface, utilizing a layer of yellow teflon tape on the threads (even though the Residence Depot man appeared to think I’d just require it in the appliance part)
- We connected among the couplings that are removable the gas line to your straight back for the dryer (again, utilized tape despite the fact that not necessary)
- Switched on the gasoline for a brief minute to purge the line
- Loosely threaded the fuel line into this coupling, also making use of tape as suggested; purged again
- Tightened by having a (newly bought) pipeline wrench.
- Fired up the gasoline and listened & smelled for gasoline at both connections – quiet and odorless 🙂
Took possibly half an hour, almost all of that right time ended up being invested wrestling the stress couplings and hoping to get the threads to take- was wanting to be extremely gentle.
Dryer began right up no issues plus it (and now we!) survived two test lots.
Therefore, went well, i came across it not too difficult and would repeat. Many thanks for helping me personally build my skillset!
(Adding the photo that is requested though it’s a little belated. Note that we covered the hard-gas-line’s opening with painter’s tape and stuck it on/around the valve which means you can not notice it, but it is here. Desired to protect it from all of the lint and dirt going swimming down there.)