Demand documents through the Freedom of Information Act or Privacy Act
Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Through the national COVID-19 reaction, our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail should be significantly paid off.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your very own immigration record,
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance policies, information, or communications.
We will upload our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Ensure you get your reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and lower the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on the web.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Beneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for example USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you are able to
- Look at the USCIS Electronic researching area to verify we now have perhaps perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you’ll need.
- Make the right agency to your request by reviewing the sections below. We don’t have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you will need, once we can get back accurate needs faster.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Get waplog prices the demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified as soon as we plan your demand.
On line records are really easy to:
- Access from the phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to some other individual; and
- Down load and printing.
Current average FOIA request processing times
The status of the FOIA documents request
Look at the Check Request reputation web web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be a lot more than a century old
Details about our process that is FOIA or
Documents on the part of a known person in Congress
Immigration records by practices aside from our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail will wait our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to have documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
You should if you need to request records by mail:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which has your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature that is notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these techniques will need which you:
Available records under area 508 for the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line ”FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- An unknown number where you could be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We will contact one to help.
The more accurate you make your demand, the greater amount of effectively we are able to get back the documents you may need.
You can examine the status of an FOIA that is existing from the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web web web page.
Particular papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, therefore it is very likely to go quickly.
Specialized request, therefore our review will more than likely have a significant period of time.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand more hours than an ask for a document that is specific.
An A-File as quickly as possible, since you have actually a planned hearing having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, however you must add a duplicate of 1 associated with after types, granted by the Department of Homeland safety or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
If you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the web site associated with workplace of Government Suggestions Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and agencies that are federal.
USCIS doesn’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to make your demand to your agency that is right.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa needs from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
You may if you have questions about your pending FOIA/PA request:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions towards the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center is only able to respond to questions about FOIA/PA needs. We can not assistance with pending applications, petitions, or other types of immigration matter.